Don't join any of these group ISIS, Al Qaida, Al Shabab and Boko haram these are human traffickers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Two women jailed for human trafficking

Accused of luring victim to Dubai on pretext of working in salon
  • By Razmig Bedirian, Staff Reporter
  • Published: 19:58 December 29, 2014
  • Gulf News
Dubai: Two women on Monday received jail sentences after being found guilty of forcing a Moroccan woman into prostitution.
The suspects had lured the victim to Dubai under the pretence of securing her legitimate work.
Moroccan suspect A.A., 22, was sentenced to three years in jail while Syrian R.A., 28, was given a two-year jail term. Both suspects will be deported following their sentences.
According to court documents, the victim was rescued by her first customer.
“I met with a Saudi customer, who paid A.A. Dh1,500,” the victim told prosecutors. “When we were left alone, I broke into tears and told him my story. He felt sorry for me and bought me a ticket home and even drove me to the airport.”
In an earlier hearing, A.A. denied human trafficking charges, including locking up the victim and forcing her into prostitution. R.A. denied charges of running a brothel.
According to court documents, the victim was approached by a woman in Morocco, who offered her a job at a beauty salon in Dubai.
“I called A.A. when I arrived to the country on January,” the victim told prosecutors. “I took a taxi to a flat in the Al Nahda area. I was surprised to see about half-a-dozen other Moroccan women in the flat.”
The victim said A.A. took her passport.
“She told me that I would be working a prostitute,” she told prosecutors. “I was soon taken to a hotel in Dubai with the other women. The men would come and choose from among us. They were paying Dh1,500 for six hours with each of the women. I was not picked for a week and therefore did not have sex with anyone. My first customer was the Saudi man who helped me escape.”
She told prosecutors that she was not allowed to leave the country as her employment contract had not been cancelled.
“I went to the airport police and told them what had happened,” she said.
Authorities then arrested A.A. and R.A.
A police witness told prosecutors that the suspects had initially denied the claims.
“However, when we found the birth control pills and other evidence, R.A. confessed to prostituting women for Dh700,” he said.
 http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/courts/two-women-jailed-for-human-trafficking-1.1433749

No comments:

Post a Comment